Upgrading Technical Training and Health Services through In-Kind Donations
PADF's In-Kind Donations Program plays an important role in assisting vulnerable communities in the Latin America and Caribbean region. During the last 10 years, PADF’s In-Kind Donations Program has shipped more than $35 million in medical equipment and tools to institutions in more than 20 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
With the support of a network of partners, such as U.S. medical facilities, public agencies, manufacturers, and universities, PADF distributes high-quality new and used equipment, including medical and dental equipment, supplies to health care institutions, and tools to support vocational training. Donated materials range from hospital beds, dental equipment, neonatal intensive care units, and anesthesia units, to vocational equipment and tools.
In 2013 PADF sent 26 shipments of medical and hospital equipment, tools and computers worth $6.1 million to institutions in Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, El Salvador, Haiti and Uruguay.
Our In-Kind Donations Program is helping communities throughout the region by:
- Improving patient care with medical-dental equipment and supplies
- Providing youth with tools for productive employment
- Improving technical training for disadvantaged youth
- Providing tools to increase productivity and employment
- Providing humanitarian assistance to victims of natural disasters through immediate response, emergency shelter packages and relief supplies
- Improving municipal and local services by providing vehicles, school buses, ambulances and other materials
How can you become an In-Kind Donations partner?
- Contact PADF to discuss in-kind donations and send information about your organization to:
- Provide packing list with fair-market value of items to be donated. Donated goods must be in good working condition and appearance, and must align with PADF's In-Kind Program requirements and local needs.
- Donate by check or wire transfer:
In-Kind Donations Program
Pan American Development Foundation
1889 F Street, N.W., 2nd Floor
Washington, D.C. 20006