Promoting the Rights of Children and Adolescents Program
This initiative, led by Colombia’s Unit for Comprehensive Care and Reparation to Victims (UARIV) under the Department for Social Prosperity (DPS) works with local governments and communities to ensure the protection of the human rights of children and adolescents.
To reach this objective, PADF is collaborating with the Government of Colombia to:
- Ensure that children and adolescents have options to grow-up and live far from environments where violence and exploitation are prevalent.
- Promote the prevalence of rights for children and adolescents.
- Recognize and reinforce the fact that children and adolescents are linked in many levels to their surrounding and communities through social interactions, culture, environment, politics, and the economy.
- Promote greater local by-in of the government’s strategy to promote the rights of children and adolescents.
- Identify strategic partners to support the sustainability of this initiative.
Throughout Colombia, PADF is implementing this program in 32 municipalities in 10 regions: Antioquia, Caquetá, Cauca, Guaviare, Huila, Meta, Norte de Santander, Putumayo, Tolima, Vichada.